Saturday, August 15, 2009

Back on line :)

Hi All,

My 'puter went on a little holiday ... even machinery feels overworked sometimes, and the box kept going to bed :( But all is well ... a week with the repair man and 'tis a happy chappy again.

Meanwhile, the postie was busy.
This gorgeous ATC travelled from Jackie Ellison in Harwick.
I *love* all things oriental so this is simply perfect for me :)
Thank you Jackie!
In November, I am going to be a grandma (or maybe a Nanna ... will have to ask :))
Here is the first crotcheted square of a cot cover ... it already has 5 brothers and sisters to go with it, but I downloaded the pics before taking a family shot.
I am using a Twilleys mercerised cotton in pale yellow - a little more colour that the pic shows.
Not my usual kind of lace, but this design works up very nicely. The pattern is from an old Engligh craft magazine that my Great Aunt used to subscribe to. Unfortunately, I was unable to rescue the magazines when she downsized, but was able to get a copy of this pattern about 15 years ago.
And finally for today...
Motif 11 and 12 for the 25 motif challenge ... nearly half way!

Again, I have used DMC Perle with verigated and solid colour threads ... I just love the colour combinations!
There are plenty of "extra" bits, begging to be stitched onto some ATCs and the length is the first piece of 'homework' for the on-line tat design class I am taking.
Speaking of which, I need to post my lesson 2 and 3 homework!
Have been out and about with the baby hovercraft today - lots of great fun for the kids!
Don't forget to grop a line before you go, and make the most of every day! Let those you love know you care!
Hugs,


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice tatting! It looks like you've been having fun without your computer! Glad it's working again! :)

IsDihara said...

So glad you are back online! Your Celtic snowflakes (motifs 11 and 12) are very, very lovely. Great color combinations and your stitches are so even! You didn't mention where the pattern is from, is it an original design?

Enjoy working on lesson 4 of the design tat class! I just read over the lesson and it looks like it will be quite a lot of fun.