Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just bob-bob-bobbin lacing along...

It must be a record for me, but I did have 4 pillows on the go at once!!


Here is the beginning of a possum bookmark. The pattern was published in an Australian Lace magazine...the thread is Thai hand dyed silk in Jade...lovely to work with and the bookmark is fun to make.

Next...I have put a few more pins into my Grandson's Christening bonnet lace. This one is a bucks point length that I drew up on Lace RX-P using some workshop notes as a guide. The thread is finca 100 in white. Number 3 is to help a student get on with her lovely smaller version of this turtle. The pattern is from 75 Quick and Easy Bobbin Lace Patterns by Veronica Sorenson. I have enlarged the large version by 141% and am working it in Perle 8 thread. My student is using this pattern to introduce herself to some new ground patterns. I think it is much nicer than having a book full of samplers :)
Finally, I completed the middle piece of my Bedfordshire ring pillow pattern from Barbara Underwood's Intoducing Bedfordshire Lace in 20 Lessons book today...well almost, as you can see I still have a few ends to sew in :)
Back to the turtle...Tuesday is nearly here again!!

Have a great week, and thanks for dropping by :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Well done on all your projects, I'm also progressing through the Beds ring pillow, I've done the outside 3 parts and now need to do the centre. Looks like youve whizzed through it!!

cheers
Julie in Melbourne