Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just tatting about

This batch of tatting designs cannot even claim to be in my head...more in my hands.
What I mean is I had no clear thought of what I wanted to do.
I just tat!
25 motif challenge piece number 5 - kinda cute, but I think I was aiming for square.

Here is number 6 - I LOVE this one!! I can see it joined to create a solid area or just by the corners to create a checker board effect, fine thread for a shawl or heavy thread for a bed cover...A very pleasing morning's work!!
This is piece number 7 - it has taken 3 days, and like the others it has "just happened".

I did sit the middle on a serviette and doodle, but discarded the numerous designs that emerged from that exercise.

It needs blocking, and I think it is sweet, but I really don't want to make a whole tablecloth from this design.


Please enjoy...and let me know what you think.

Warmest of regards,

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I like the idea of sitting down and just tatting. Unfortunately, my efforts so far have been little blobs that could not be used for anything! Yours, however, are so very pretty! I love the lavender!

Fox said...

Love the square - and yes, it could be made as big as you wished! It is really pretty.
Fox : )

Kathy Niklewicz said...

The square is an excellent design, and it would be interesting to see how several would look joined together. The neat thing about tatting is that individual motifs can be used just by themselves to decorate something, or made into pendants! You definitely have an eye for design!