This was one of the past year's projects...I used Bokens Linen to make a length...maybe I will stitch it to a towel one day...
This is a close up of the finished lace.
I currently have 3 pillows in use. Number 1 cannot be shared just yet.
This is the only piece of lace to ever grace my pillow for more than a year!
It is not hard.
I love making Tallies and leaves.
There is simply not enough time in each day to get to this one :(
But I have made 3 flowers this week, so there is finally a little progress...and it is over half way now :)
The winter sun shining through the window also makes it the best spot in the house :)
This is my take-with-me piece.
I am using my travel pillow, although there are really too many bobbins on the pillow.
I am using up scraps of cotton as the colour will make no difference in the finished lace.
I made the purple piece several years ago, and had no idea what I was going to do with it.
One of my new students does lace drapped dolls, and told me she wanted to make her lace to burn.
At first I admit I was surprised, and after mentioning the amount of time spent making the lace, I decided each to their own...after all it was her time and her lace!
Then I saw her dolls!!
I thought the purple length would be perfect, but there is not enough of it.
I am looking forward to November, when I will be starting to construct my doll!
Check back later for progress reports :)