The scarf is progressing nicely, with some safely rolled away on the roller.
While working this section, I realised that the only bobbins I had never used in my collection are now in use!! Yay!
I have a pair of rather heavy brass bobbins, (the one with the coloured thread) that I am alternating with the new thread. They have always been too heavy to play with the other bobbins, so I had avoided them. For this project, they work rather well.
There is also a single aluminium bobbin on the left hand side that had not been on a pillow at my place. Several friends swear by them, but I find it cold to the touch, and had always passed it over.
Also in this shot (just) is the pair of bobbins with a pink ceramic joiner, a gift from a Gumnut. The bobbins arrived broken from their journey, so I repaired them with the ceramic glue used to put final details on my dolls. They are working perfectly and remind me of my Australian friends each time they pass my fingers.
And here is a new batch of beads ready for the kiln. Dear Step Son is visiting today and will take them to Burnie for me. I hope to make the trip with Colin in a couple of weeks time to collect them...
The pin toppers (ladybirds, flowers, turtles and hedgehogs and the cotton reel were all made before Colin collapsed. the rest have been made this week to fill the tin.
Thanks for taking the time to read this far, stay safe, happy and healthy. Hugs,