Thanks for the suggestions for the Beds piece ... the frame is on order and for now I may just put a backing mat in behind.
This is the piece of lace I made last year to donate to our local show society for their annual raffle. I am not sure how long it actually took to make the lace, but it seemed to take forever to mount it onto the hankie! The design is from 101 Torchon Patterns by Robin S. Lewis. I messed up the second corner - found the pricking very hard to follow - so I made the forth corner the same as the second.
Here is the finished product after it had been handed around at a lace day. One of our members folded the hankie for presentation and it looked great if I may say so :)The photos are dated 2 months apart, but I had finished well before the meeting, so 2 months or so sounds about right for a full sized hankie Diane. The one I am working on at present has been going just over two weeks. I am a little over half way through making the lace. That does include several full days though, as work has been a little scarce. I generally attach my tatting edges directly to the hankie - use cheaper readymades for the purpose. Having spent a couple of days sorting my lace pictures, I have realized that I do not have a single photo of a tatted hankie OMG :( What better excuse could there be to make another! For today, I am going to do some finishing off so that little project may just have to wait a while. Have a great day and thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a comment :)
The calm before the storm
13 hours ago