Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Challenge motif 2

Hi tatting chic - when the lace is all together on one page like that it does seem a lot, but in actual fact the hearts were made over 3 months ... I nearly always have a shuttle in my pocket, and I especially love those small motif type designs for this purpose. Jon, I am glad you like my colour combo on your snowflake! I prefer this white and gold, so I hope you like it too. Having explored a few more of your designs, I have a feeling there may be 1 or 2 more featured here :) Welcome Diane, and thank you for your kind comments too. Those collars have been popular at school and kept me busy for the 2nd half of last year, with something to get started on this year too :) For motif number 2 I have used a No. 20 crotchet cotton with a gold metallic ... I must remember to keep the ends with the real details - this one disappeared at school because I used it for the snake workers with the children. Later, they preferred the brighter metallic colours that were donated through the Australian email chat list for their workers, so I am lucky to have a small amount of this thread left. I must see if the local thread shop has some more ... and then I can pass on the details :)
I took another pic of the Beds piece because I was delighted to find the daisies emerging from the pins! It seems such a long time ago that I made these and I had almost forgotten that this part of the pattern existed! As you can see, I am now half way around. It is by far the most advanced piece I have made and is certainly taking the longest, but despite all the glaring mistakes I love it! I was going to plant it in my 'brag folder' of samples and bits, but I might just find a photo to chop and mount it in a frame ... or I may even find some inspiring means of displaying it on one of the exciting blogs I have visited lately. Hmmmmm - best I get of the 'puter and go finish it before the brain melts with all the ideas :D Stay safe, and don't forget to hug a friend today :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your motif is just beautiful! Gosh I need to go look at that other post to see what you are referring to, LOL! I am tired and sleepy and ready for bed...but when I saw this pretty picture of lace pop up in my google reader I just HAD to hop over and say hello! All of your lace is absolutely GORGEOUS! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I agree with TattingChic... your lace is gorgeous! I know I will try bobbin lace some day. I just need to keep reading inspirational blogs like yours, and I know my desire to make lace will be so overwhelming that I will just have to do it!