I have spent a couple of days on the Beds mat...not wanting to bore you all to tears, but this one is the main focus at present. I have now exposed a flower and a leaf...along with my first ever overlaid Tallie - just poking out from the pins :) For the first time since September I feel like this project might actually make it to completion. I then intend going back to the lesson book and working through some of the lessons that were meant to be completed *before* undertaking this one :) I am thrilled with how it is all coming together, so please bear with me over the next little while :)) There are 2 flowers and a leaf to go, along with the filling bits and bobs.
This is part of my other *distraction*. I have made a quilt for DD to be presented on her wedding day. It is made up of hexagon flowers from the scraps left over from my dressmaking efforts over the past 20 odd years. DS1 will also receive a hex quilt, but although it is started, who knows when it will be completed! DS2 is into sailing, so here are lots of little dingies floating on bright little oceans, waiting to be made into sail boats and a few fishes to keep the sailors happy. There will be 3 kinds of sailboats (42 of each, along with 42 fishy squares) when I get that far, but all in good time :D My quilts are sewn entirely by hand...tacked onto card, then pieced together in an overhand stitch before the backing and wadding is tacked on. I finish the quilting using a stabbing stitch with invisible thread. The first 2 took about 10 years each...the first was donated to our Scout group and raffled to help get a bunch of Joey Scouts on an interstate trip - a first for Australian Joey Scouts! This one (and the other hex one) were started together last February.
Thanks for stopping by, hope you have enjoyed.