Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Treasures

Dear friends,
Please allow me to share some treasures with you.
Here are Quanti snowflakes number 6 (with a new edge), 7, 8 and 9 toward the 25 motif challenge! The blue, white and gold combos are cotton and candlelight metallics. The green is perle 8 reel left overs.

Porty is also making progress! The children at school will be pleased to see he now has a beak and will soon have eyes. It will then be up to them to complete the right flipper, body and filling. He has an appointment for the 7th of August, but I will only be at the school on Fridays so I hope he makes it!

On Saturday, the calender ticked over another year for me :)
Apart from the usual (and very yummy) chocolates and meal out - counter meal at the local pub - the best in Lonnie for sure :) and text messages from a couple of my children, here are the treasures that came my way. LOML bought me the Pandora style bracelet - he knows I love these, and as I helped him pick a plain bracelet for his DD's birthday a month or so ago, he decided I could have the same :) The book is from his sister and family. She decided to have a change from lace books this year, but I am not complaining :)
So, after a rummage through the markets over the weekend I had enough materials to go to work!
Here is lesson 1 x 2 from the above book!
And up close!
The next lesson is my signature rose - I am really looking forward to that one!!
Also at the markets I found this pair of bobbins. The Wood Turners Guild of Tasmania meet at the Exeter Showgrounds and coincide with the local market. Members demonstrate the skill of wood turning throughout the day, and each turner may sell items to the public. There was a lovely bucket full of bobbins, but I fell in love with these ones! After some discussion, I found the gent who made the bobbins and he showed me how to make the loose rings. Our conversation was very interesting, and I was invited to go back, maybe join the Guild and get some more tips for my bobbin making :)

That's enough waffle from me! Thank you for reading, and don't forget to share your thoughts too. I love reading what my bloggy friends have to say!
Hugs,

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, your Quanti's are lovely! Oh, my! Look at that beaded book! WOW! Your beaded flowers are beautiful! You bobbin lacer, you! You are SOOOOOOO talented! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Treasures for sure! Porty is coming along nicely. Your snowflakes are lovely, and your beading... oh, my! I'm a book-aholic, and that one looks extra special. The beaded flower is stunning. Lovely, lovely treasures! It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. It's a little belated, but happy birthday, Laura!

TatForFun said...

Thank you for dropping by at my blog Laura, for your nice words. It's always nice to meet new friends, esp who's very talented like you ^_^ Loce your work.

PS : do you really speak Bahasa? ^_^

Unknown said...

Hi! I just stopped over to say thank you for your sweet comment on my blog earlier. :)

laura_rose said...

Hi Tatting Chic, I always love your sweet comments, thanks for visiting:)

Thank you Diane, the book is fun and I am keen to get some more beads now. And, yes, I really enjoyed my birthday too :)

Tat for Fun, thank you for dropping by! I am sure I will visit you again, dan betul, saya berbahasa Indonesia, tapi kurang baik sekarang :(

Unknown said...

Back again, this time to say thank you for entering my giveaway! Good luck to you! :)