Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I do not do sewing!!!

...but I put this quilt top together in less than 7 hours, and I love it!!  It will be for my 2nd grandson when he moves into a "big bed" around Christmas time :)
I also made this cute little bag at craft last night.  It has ducky little pockets under the flap, so it will be ideal for bobbins, thread and bits and pieces for lace making :)
 Now for some lace...

How about...
this gorgeous gift box that I found in a local el cheapo shop this morning...this is a small one and they come in 7 or 8 different sizes and 2 different colours...I liked this colour as it would show up better in a picture :)

Now I just need an excuse to use it...
 Not real lace?  How about these...

Gumlace had a tatted bookmark exchange.  Here is the lovely bookmark I received...I will share the "surprise" component of this gift in my next post...(I didn't take any pics of it before the camera decided to call it a day...)
 This bookmark was my gift from England as part of the Arachne bookmark exchange. See my  contributions 2 posts down :)

I just love morning glories!!! 
 What about my lace, I hear you ask?!?

Well, yes, I have been crossing and twisting in between tatting and teaching :)

The bookmark on the left is almost the same as the exchange bookmark mentioned above...this time in Brok 100/3 and with a compound spider variation. 
The bookmark on the right is made from leftover pipers silk 140/2.  The pattern is from 'Tradition Into Creation' by Jacqui Barber.
I will share the tatting soon, when I block it out...I hate blocking!! 
Finally, from my little fisher friend and I, happy lace making :)
We look forward to hearing from you until I post again soon :)

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I don't sew very often, but when I do, quilts and little origami pouches are my favorites! Those little bags are perfect for small projects, and I have a lot of them going on now!

I love all of your beautiful bookmarks. My summer task of working on bobbin lace will begin in about a month. I'm really looking forward to working with my bobbins again!

laura_rose said...

Hi Diane, I look forward to seeing your bobbin lace :) thank you for your kind comments :)