Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Old and some new

I have been trying something new :)
I was given the marble with a delicious swirl in thanks for a lace lesson.

What do I do with a marble?!?!?

I found the instructions for this wire wrapping in one of my magazines and thought it would be perfect!

Ok, so I have some room for improvement, but I am happy with the finished product :)

An old project now...

the dolls lace is currently at around 83cm...will work on it again this evening... 
 I went in search of some Pooh fabric when the craft fair came to Tassie, to no avail.
When I mentioned on Gumlace (Aussie email ring) what I had been looking for, a member offered me some of her fabric...it is just what the new Grandaddy ordered :)

Progress is being made, and the best bit - the quilting is happening at the same time as the pieceing!!!

I love it!!!


I really must block some of my tatting...2 doilies to boast about, but no pics yet...
Hang in there tatters!!  It will get done!!

Happy lacemaking and thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Wire wrapping looks like something I could get interested in! I love your bobbin lace, of course, and I'm inspired to get back to the quilt I'm working on, although it's not a fun Pooh fabric! ; )

Fox said...

That marble looks absolutely fabulous! Great idea!
Fox ; )