Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Mixed Bag

Some crotchet to kick things off!
I made this cot throw for my grandson. The pattern is from an English Friends magazine from around 20 years ago. I love the design and have made it in double bed, single bed size before.
This one is made in Twillies Crotchet Cotton.


Here is a close up!
BTW - I finished another one this week for a friend's daughter, so only 1 more to make for now - for my new Grandbaby due January :)
Some tatting now...

Here are bookmarks 11, 12 and 13 - more crosses for friends, made is Lizbeth thread.

And number 14 is an adaptation of a length from Norma Benopath's Heritage patterns, also using Lizbeth thread.

Time for bobbin lace!

This pricking was sent to me from Guzziesue some time back when we exchanged ATCs.

As my knowledge on Bucks was/is very limited, and there was very few instructions (for me, that is :)) it has taken a while, but I did it!!!

The design is called Summer, an original by Irene Tomlinson.

The coloured gimp did not do as I wanted, but a lesson has been learned :)


This bookmark will be gifted to the lady running the leadership training I am undertaking in my scrapbooking business - despite the mistakes, I am sure she will love it :)

Enough for now, please enjoy!
Warm hugs from cold Tasmania :)

4 comments:

Guzzisue said...

thought I recognised the design :-) looks good,what was the problem with the gimp? can't tell from the phot

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the cot throw! That must have taken ages to finish. Your bookmarks are fabulous, but if given the choice, I'd have to go for the bobbin lace bookmark... outstanding!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous throw. Looks like spmething from the turn of the last century. Beautiful!

havlu-dantel said...

Your site is very beautiful. I read your article until I can turn. There are examples on my site that may interest you. Would you like to join my blog friends:)