Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oooops!

Ever had one of those days where you were sure had done something, only to find you hadn't?
I told my future DIL to look on here for pics of the quilt I am making for her baby!

Unfortunately they were still in my photo program...waiting to be uploaded!

Sorry Kat!

Here is the centre square with embroidery completed!

Last night at Quilting, I actually completed the ditch stitching to join the cover, middle and backing!

I also told Kat that her baby lace was on site :(

So now it is!
This piece will be mounted to make a Christening bonnet/wedding hankie.

I have another heart pattern whick will be made to decorate the christening gown - last worn by "the Peanut's" daddy some 22 years ago.
The pattern is from Lace For 10 Pairs.
Hope you like, don't forget to leave a comment before you go!
Check in soon as tomorrow I begin a 4 day workshop making Bucks Point lace...so back to making prickings and winding bobbins :)



3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That is an adorable quilt, sure to be treasured for a lifetime! The lace edging is sweet. I hope you post a picture of the finished bonnet!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

What wonderful gifts you are making. What are the dimensions of the quilt? And I, too, look forward to seeing the finished hanky bonnet--lovely edging!

Tatskool said...

Great idea for a Christening bonnet/wedding hankie...unique..I would think. Enjoyed seeing it, waiting to see it with the edging.