Monday, December 6, 2010

Bits and bobs

I spent the weekend in the shed...again!
This time my work was on the lathe :)
Here is my new lazy susan - this was the first bobbin I broke -
complete with a set of handmade beads. Timely, as I replaced my lazy susan with a needle pin and have been looking for a new handle! (I keep giving them away but this one will stay)
Here are the rest of the bobbins I made this weekend.
The inscription says:
Bobbin 1: Life without lace...
2010
Bobbin 2: ...I'm a frayed knot!
2010
On the right, you can see the other bobbin I broke. I intend to put it in my Kriss Kringle pack for my student's break up. The reciever can decide it they need a pricker or a lazy susan :)
I still have 2 sets to inscribe, but after 3 weeks of playing with open flames and molten glass with not so much as a singed hair, I burned my finger on the poker and had to pack up for the evening.
Now, I promised some lace in this post!
The tatting will have to wait until next time...I still have about an inch of chain to complete the final bookmark in my 25 motif challenge...
My bucks edge has stalled with Christmas drawing nearer at an alarming rate...
Tomorrow evening I will be delivering these wire lace necklaces.
They were designed by Lenka Suchanck.
I think I will have to make another for myself :)
They were so pretty I decided to use them to make my Christmas card cover for 2010.
Finally, I got to playing with some 1mm copper wire as LOML would love to see a wall decoration made in wire lace :)
More practice required but there are some possibilities here...stay tuned :)

Have fun, stay safe and please let me know what you think before you go.

Many hugs in this super busy time.

1 comment:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm amazed at your abilities! I'm scared to death of a lathe, although I love seeing the results of their use.

Your wire lace is beautiful! Yes, you must have one of those butterflies for yourself, and I think hubby will appreciate his own bit of lace. : )